UIndy’s Professional Edge Center provides internship, mentorship, entrepreneurship and employment opportunities for students and new graduates. The Center helps students of all majors increase their exposure to and interaction with business professionals, beginning freshman year.
In 2015, the Professional Edge Center will begin offering a diploma endorsement for students who participate in a set level of center-sponsored activities.
Get a professional edge
Throughout your UIndy career you can tap into:
- 60+ career workshops each year
- Interactions with business professionals
- Career “sector experts” who are developing contacts and opportunities in eight broad industry areas
- Community service
- Internship and job shadowing
- Alumni mentoring
- Special Presidential conversations with senior leaders in industry
- Career fairs, etiquette dinners, networking conversations, résumé review, practice interviews, and a host of other career-development and confidence-building activities
Our connections become your connections
The center draws on relationships with many sources to help connect you with professionals in your field, including:
- Faculty who have contacts in industry
- Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce
- Business and professional organizations
- An alumni base of 30,000 Greyhounds
Work with dedicated career sector experts
The Professional Edge Center team is organized into sector experts, giving you the opportunity to work with a career advisor who is knowledgeable in the industries and career path you are pursuing. Our advisors come from a wide variety of professional backgrounds and are eager to give you a professional edge in your field.